Now that the sun is shining and school is out, there’s no better way to spend the day then at one of the many stunning parks of the Chicago area. Just be sure to pack plenty of fresh water and wear lots of sunscreen!
Here are some of our favorite parks to visit in Chicago to keep in mind this summer:
- Lincoln Park (no, not the band)– This enormous park contains both a free conservatory and a free zoo, making it one of the nation’s top parks.
- Millennium Park – No trip to Chicago would be complete without a stroll through this park, checking out the Bean.
- Burnham Park – This lakefront park offers beaches, boating, and a skate park.
- Maggie Daley Park – This newer park features plenty of playgrounds and, if you visit in the winter, an ice rink.
- Jackson Park – Lastly, if you love birds, you can’t skip Jackson Park, a birder’s paradise which also has lagoons available for fishing.
And if you’re looking for some road trip tips – or if you’re in the Chicago area already – be sure to visit us at Bill Walsh Chevy, and get a tune-up. We’d love to see you and hear how you’re enjoying the summer!