As the weather cools down and the conditions begin to get snowy, it’s more important than ever to be prepared with a winter safety kit in your vehicle. Here’s a short list of what to include in a safety kit to get you started:
- Roll up a nice, warm blanket, just in case you ever get stranded in the cold.
- Similarly, it’s a good idea to stash some warm socks, scarves, hats, gloves, and perhaps even an extra coat if you have space.
- In the winter, you may also want to have a shovel to move snow.
- Just like in any safety kit, include a basic first-aid kit, which should include antibiotic ointment and bandages.
- Keep a nice supply of fresh, clean water, which can either be used for drinking or to wash out a wound.
- Be sure to include a flashlight and extra flashlight batteries.
- Lastly, if you can, it won’t hurt to have an extra, charged cell phone available, with a list of emergency phone numbers.
Do you have any other ideas? What do you keep in your car during the winter months? Let us know in the comments below.